STEM Sports, LLC
STEM Sports™ creates and provides turnkey K-8 educational curriculum that combine STEM disciplines with a variety of sports. We deliver authentic engagement opportunities to students and youth by using BMX, basketball, football, soccer, and volleyball as the strategic vehicles to drive STEM-based learning in classrooms, after-school programs, and camps. As a result, students and youths develop critical thinking, collaboration, creative problem-solving, and leadership skills that can be applied throughout their education and future careers. Just as importantly, physical activity and participation are vital components of our student-led curricula. Our double-play combination of cognitive thinking and physical activity provides a comprehensive and inquiry-based educational experience and a solution for crucial STEM literacy for students. Aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards, our curricula will cultivate and promote participants' STEM engagement and retention. STEM Sports provides all of the necessary and relevant sports equipment along with the entire list of supplies called for in the teacher/administer manual and all of the items have a long-lasting shelf life.
Students and teachers in Phoenix discuss the impact of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) concepts through sports and the opportunity given to students for a comprehensive and hands-on learning experience.
- STEM Sports provides curriculum for elementary and middle school-aged students that combines STEM education with a variety of sports.
- STEM curriculum that engages elementary and middle school-aged students.
- All STEM Sports curriculum aligns with the Next Generation Science Standards and Common Core State Standards.
- The Curriculum is designed to be student-led and student-centered.
- Creates peer leadership.
- If a teacher is uncomfortable with some aspects of a particular sport, students will be activated to alleviate the instructor’s fear.
- All curriculum provides varying degrees of physical activity for all student participants.
- The curriculum is based on a disguised learning platform.